- Hunter Preferred Program (the "Program") is a customer benefit Program available to all public agencies and professional landscape, lighting, and irrigation contractor companies.
- Participation in the Program is subject to the Terms and Conditions set forth by Hunter Industries Incorporated ("Hunter"). Failure to abide by Program Terms and Conditions, abuse of Program privileges, conduct detrimental to the interests of Hunter, or any misrepresentation may result in the termination of Program membership and the forfeiture of accrued Points.
- The Program began on March 1, 1999, and will continue until it is terminated by Hunter. Hunter reserves the right to modify or terminate the Program without notice. The current Program Official Terms and Conditions are effective as of January 1, 2018.
- Eligibility is limited to professional landscape, lighting, and/or irrigation contractor companies, municipalities, and government agencies headquartered in the 50 United States, District of Columbia, or Canada (the "Members"). For the purposes of these Official Terms and Conditions, the term "company" shall mean and include a corporation, partnership, limited liability company, or sole proprietorship. Only one membership may be maintained per company. In the case of a sole proprietorship, the sole proprietor must be at least 21 years of age to become a Member. The eligible company must designate one contact person (the "Contact Person") or purposes of the Program.
- In order to participate, a company must enroll in the Program online at the Program website (preferred. hunterindustries.com). The company will qualify to earn Points as a Member after its membership has been activated ("effective date") and it meets the minimum requirements. Purchase information submitted by an authorized Hunter or FX Luminaire Distributor in its regular reporting process is accepted as the initial purchase of a Member, and will immediately result in the granting of Points. Purchases prior to the effective date of a Member's enrollment are not eligible for Points. Hunter must also have a Member's current IRS W-9 form on file in order for the Member to participate in the Program. Members will be issued a Program Account Number that will be required on all Program correspondence.
- Hunter will be the final judge in determining any Member's eligibility to participate in the Program or to receive any Program award.
REGISTERING FOR THE PROGRAM
- In order for a Member to participate in the Program, the designated Contact Person must enroll online at the Program website. Members will be issued a Program Account Number that will be required on all Program correspondence. Hunter must also have your current IRS W-9 form for your company on file in order for you to participate in the Program.
- Members can earn Points by purchasing Hunter residential and commercial irrigation or FX Luminaire lighting products from an authorized participating Hunter or FX Luminaire Distributor ("Hunter Distributor") in the 50 United States, District of Columbia, or Canada. Purchases of all residential/commercial Hunter or FX Luminaire products are eligible for Points, with the exception of Hunter Golf Products. No points will be earned until a Member has spent at least $5,000 on Hunter irrigation or FX Luminaire lighting products in a calendar year, including without limitation a Member who earned points in a preceding year.
- Purchases of Hunter or FX Luminaire Products from suppliers, including sub-Distributors or dealers that are not Hunter or FX Luminaire Distributors do not count toward Points. (To see whether a supplier is an authorized Hunter or FX Luminaire Distributor, please call 1-877-888-0167, or consult the Hunter website at hunterindustries. com, and look under "Get Hunter.")
POSTING POINTS TO A MEMBER'S ACCOUNT
- To accumulate Points, a Member must have their Points posted to their Account. To do this, the Member must complete a Points Request Form available online (copies also available by calling 1-877-888-0167) and either attach copies of their paid invoices showing the purchase of Hunter or FX Luminaire products from a Hunter or FX Luminaire Distributor, or attach a computer report generated by a Hunter Distributor reflecting the Member's purchases. The paid invoices must include the Distributor's name and address as well as the Member's name and address, the invoice number, the quantity purchased, the product model number, the price paid for each, the total amount paid, and the date of purchase. The paid invoices submitted may be either original invoices or clean, clear, legible photocopies. Hunter reserves the right to challenge the authenticity of any invoices submitted by a Member.
- In addition, certain Distributors submit to Hunter on a quarterly basis reports of Member purchases, which may eliminate a Member's need to submit a Points Request Form. It is the Member's responsibility to (1) determine whether a Distributor submits such reports and whether the reports contain all the Member's purchases, (2) notify the Distributor of Member's membership in the Program and the Member ID, and (3) monitor the accuracy and timing of the Distributor's reporting with respect to the Member. By participating in the Program, each Member authorizes Distributors to submit records of the Member's Hunter and FX Luminaire product purchases on behalf of the Member to Hunter. Distributor reports of Member purchases are subject to the same timing requirements listed on the Points Request Form (for example, a Distributor report with respect to Member purchases made in January, February, and March must be postmarked by April 30 of the same year).
- Once a Member meets the requirements, they will earn five Points per $50 U.S. in Hunter or FX Luminaire products purchased from a Hunter or FX Luminaire Distributor, net of all taxes, discounts, and rebates. The total dollar amount of the Hunter Products purchased on paid invoices submitted together with each Points Request Form will be added together to determine the amount of Points to be posted. Therefore, to maximize a Member's ability to accumulate Points, the Member should include several purchases in one submittal. For example, purchases of $249 U.S., $99 U.S., and $102 U.S. are worth 45 Points if submitted together. Submitted separately they are worth only 35 Points.
- Points Request Forms and invoices for purchases made between January 1 and March 31 must be submitted by April 30 of the same year. Forms and invoices for purchases made between April 1 and June 30 must be submitted by July 31 of the same year. Forms and invoices for purchases made between July 1 and September 30 must be submitted by October 31 of the same year. Forms and invoices for purchases made between October 1 and December 31 must be submitted by January 31 of the next year.
- Points will be deducted for returns. Your Points can be put on hold by your Distributor if you fail to maintain your account in good standing with your Hunter or FX Luminaire Distributor.
ATTAINMENT OF MEMBERSHIP LEVELS
- The Program has four levels of membership available for members based upon their annual volume of purchases:
Active members (described below in "Other Conditions") that purchase $5,000 to $19,999.99 of Hunter or FX Luminaire product from a locally authorized Hunter or FX Luminaire Distributor in a calendar year are assigned to the "Standard" level.
Active members that purchase $20,000 to $49,999.99 of Hunter or FX Luminaire product from a locally authorized Hunter or FX Luminaire Distributor in a calendar year are assigned to the "Silver" level.
Active members that purchase $50,000 to $99,999.99 of Hunter or FX Luminaire product from a locally authorized Hunter or FX Luminaire Distributor in a calendar year are assigned to the "Gold" level.
Active members that purchase from $100,000 or more of Hunter or FX Luminaire product from a locally authorized Hunter or FX Luminaire Distributor in a calendar year are assigned to the "Platinum" level.
- The determination of the current Member level status will occur after the end of each calendar year. Members can move to a higher membership level during a calendar year by having invoice postings to their account that fall in the purchase range of a level that is higher than their current level. Once a Member reaches a higher level of membership, all benefits associated with the new membership level will take effect.
- In the event that at the end of a calendar year a Member has not met the purchase level requirements for its current level, the Member will be re-assigned to the appropriate level (based on its calendar year purchases) for the next calendar year, at which time all earned points will be re-valued to the new membership level. However, Members will have a 30-day grace period from level adjustment to redeem points at prior level value.
EXPIRATION OF POINTS
- Points are valid for two years from the date of posting to a Member's Account or until 90 days after the date of termination of the Program, whichever is earlier. If the Points are not used before expiration, they are automatically forfeited.
- Point statements ("Point Statements") will be issued every quarter to all Members whose Accounts had activity during the relevant reporting period.
- Members may claim those awards that are offered on the Program website. To claim an award, a Member's Account must be open and in good standing. If Hunter cancels a Member's Account, all Points in the Account will be forfeited immediately. Members can claim an award at any time during the Program. To claim an award, log in to your online account at preferred.hunterindustries.com. You can also complete an official Award Claim Form (available on the site or by calling 1-887-888-0167). Hunter reserves the right to substitute an item of equal or greater value should the requested award be unavailable. Certain restrictions may apply in various states, and Canada.
- The redemption cash value of Points held in Members' Accounts varies depending on the Member's level: Standard: $0.35; Silver: $0.40; Gold: $0.45; Platinum: $0.50.
- Any and all fees and tax liabilities arising from the Member's receipt or use of Program points are the sole responsibility of the Member. Members will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the value of Points redeemed for certain rewards. For example, cash awards, and merchandise among other rewards, may be taxable, requiring issuance of Form 1099. Members should consult their tax advisor for complete information regarding fees and taxes related to the Program.
- All materials submitted become the property of Hunter and will not be returned.
- Hunter is not liable for correspondence or requests that are delayed, lost, or stolen in the mail.
- All Point Statements and Program awards will be issued in the name of the Member and delivered only to the Member's address on file. Each Member shall be responsible for updating their address online and advising Hunter of any Contact Person changes relating to their Account.
- Members may not transfer, combine, or barter Points. Points have no cash value, other than as provided in relation to awards under the Program. Purchasing, selling, transferring, or bartering of Points shall result in immediate termination of the violator's Account.
- Any Member that has failed to earn Points or submit updates to Hunter for a period of 12 consecutive months, may, at the option of Hunter, be removed from the rolls of active Members. Any Member that fails to earn Points for 18 months and/or fails to submit information updates to Hunter for a period of 18 months is subject to Account termination and forfeiture of all accrued Points without notice.
- Any Member that has failed to redeem Points or submit updates to Hunter for a period of 24 consecutive months or does not have a current mailing address in the account or a current W-9 on file with Hunter, may, at the option of Hunter, be removed from the rolls of active Members and is subject to Account termination and forfeiture of all accrued Points without notice.
- Any interpretations, questions, or disputes regarding the Program shall be resolved solely by Hunter, whose decisions shall be final and binding. Hunter has the right to terminate the Program or to change the Program in any manner, in whole or in part, including, without limitation, changing the Official Terms and Conditions, benefits, conditions of participation, number of Points required to attain any award, award levels, at any time, without notice, even though changes may affect the value of Points already accumulated. If the Program is terminated, Members will have 90 days from the termination date to redeem all Points earned, after which all Points will be forfeited.
- Hunter is not liable for errors or omissions by its employees or agents in the printing of the Program brochure or related materials.
- Hunter is not liable for errors or omissions by its employees or agents in interpreting or in carrying out the terms of the Program.
- Hunter is not liable whatsoever for any loss, damage, expense, non-performance, misperformance, accident, or injury of any nature whatsoever incurred in the course of a Member's use of any award received through the Program. Hunter, at its discretion, may request that the Member sign an additional release of liability form prior to delivery of an award.
- Certain restrictions apply to awards. Awards must be used in accordance with the terms and conditions specified on the award certificate(s) a Member receives.
- Hunter is not affiliated with the suppliers of any of the awards offered under this Program. Hunter neither endorses nor guarantees any product or service offered by an award supplier.
- All award recipients agree to allow their names and likenesses to be used in public relations and promotional materials related to Hunter except where prohibited by law.
- Membership in the Preferred Program is subject to the Member's maintenance of sound, ethical business practices and compliance with local regulations. Hunter reserves the right to terminate any Member's participation in the Program based upon complaints from customers, licensure or code violations, or non-payment of supplier invoices.
- Meeting deadlines associated with any aspect of the Preferred Program is the responsibility of the Member. Hunter cannot make exceptions for Members that do not provide necessary paperwork by the published deadlines.
All correspondence related to the Program should be addressed to:
Hunter Preferred Program
Hunter Industries Incorporated
1940 Diamond Street
San Marcos, CA 92078 USA
Phone: (877) 888-0167
Fax: (760) 471-9626
Effective January 1, 2018