- The Hunter Preferred Program (‘Program’) is a customer business support initiative offered to select professional irrigation Contractors (‘Members’) who install and promote Hunter products.
- Participation in the Program is subject to the Official Terms and Conditions set forth by Hunter Industries Incorporated (‘Hunter’). Failure to abide by Program Terms and Conditions, abuse of Program privileges, conduct detrimental to the interests of Hunter, or any misrepresentation may result in the termination of Program membership and the forfeiture of accrued points.
- The Program began in Australia on 1 September 2021 and will continue until it is terminated by Hunter. Hunter reserves the right to modify or terminate the Program without notice. The current Program Official Terms and Conditions are effective as of 1 September 2021.
- Eligibility is limited to Members who purchase Hunter products from an authorised Hunter Dealer (‘Dealer’) within their respective region. For the purposes of these Official Terms and Conditions, the term ‘company’ shall mean and include a corporation, partnership, or sole proprietorship. Only one membership may be maintained per company.
- In order to participate, a company must enroll in the Program online at the Program website (preferred.hunterindustries.com/au). The company will qualify to earn Points as a Member after its membership has been activated ("effective date") and it meets the minimum requirements. Purchase information submitted in the form of tax invoice/credit notes are accepted as the initial purchase of a Member, and will result in the granting of points. Purchases prior to the effective date of a Member's enrollment are not eligible for Points. Members will be issued a Program Account Number that will be required on all Program correspondence.
- Hunter will be the final judge in determining any Member’s eligibility to participate in the Program or to receive any Program reward.
REGISTERING FOR THE PROGRAM
- Members are required to complete and submit the online form at preferred.hunterindustries.com/au to designate the contact person in each Member company who is authorised to make reward redemptions. Once your enrolment is approve, you may login and invite sub-users.
- All point statements and Program rewards will be issued in the name of the Member and emailed only to the individual Member email on file. Each Member shall be responsible for advising Hunter of any contact person or email changes relating to their account.
- Members can earn points by purchasing Hunter residential and commercial irrigation products from a Dealer in Australia. All Hunter residential and commercial irrigation products are eligible for points, with the exception of Hunter golf products. No points will be earned until a Member has spent at least $6,500 AUD* (equivalent to $5,000 USD) on Hunter irrigation products in a calendar year, including without limitation a Member that earned points in a preceding year.
* All purchase amounts are converted from AUD and posted in USD equivalents based on the monthly conversion rate within the portal at oanda.com/us-en/.
- Purchases of Hunter products from suppliers, including sub-distributors or dealers that are not authorised Hunter Dealers, do not count toward points.
POSTING POINTS TO A MEMBER'S ACCOUNT
- To accumulate points, Members must have their purchases posted to their account. To do this, Members must either a) upload legible copies of tax invoices/credit notes to the Hunter portal provided, or b) have their Dealer submit their product purchases on a computer-generated report. The paid invoices must include the Dealer’s name and address, the Member’s name and address, the invoice number, the dealer’s Australian Business Number (ABN), the quantity purchased, the product model number(s), the price paid for each, the total amount paid, and the date of purchase. The paid invoices submitted may be original invoices or clear, legible photocopies, or photos. Hunter reserves the right to challenge the authenticity of any invoices submitted by a Member.
- In addition, certain Distributors submit to Hunter on a quarterly basis reports of Member purchases, which may eliminate a Member's need to upload tax invoices/credit notes. It is the Member's responsibility to (1) determine whether a Distributor submits such reports and whether the reports contain all the Member's purchases, (2) notify the Distributor of Member's membership in the Program and the Member ID, and (3) monitor the accuracy and timing of the Distributor's reporting with respect to the Member. By participating in the Program, each Member authorizes Distributors to submit records of the Member's Hunter product purchases on behalf of the Member to Hunter. Distributor reports of Member purchases are subject to the same timing as tax invoice/credit note uploads. They must be no older than 60days and December dated tax invoices/credits notes must be submitted by January 31 of the next year.
- Once a Member meets the requirements, they will earn five points per $50 (USD) in Hunter products purchased from a Distributor, net of all taxes, discounts, and rebates. All purchase amounts are converted into USD equivalents based on the monthly conversion rate within the portal oanda.com/us-en/.
- Points Request upload site and invoices for purchases made between January 1 and March 31 must be submitted by April 30 of the same year. Forms and invoices for purchases made between April 1 and June 30 must be submitted by July 31 of the same year. Forms and invoices for purchases made between July 1 and September 30 must be submitted by October 31 of the same year. Forms and invoices for purchases made between October 1 and December 31 must be submitted by January 31 of the next year.
- Points will be deducted for returns. Your Points can be put on hold by your Distributor if you fail to maintain your account in good standing with your Hunter Distributor.
EXPIRATION OF POINTS
- Points are valid for two years from the date of posting to a Member's Account or until 90 days after the date of termination of the Program, whichever is earlier. If the Points are not used before expiration, they are automatically forfeited.
- Point statements ("Point Statements") will be issued every quarter to all Members whose Accounts had activity during the relevant reporting period.
- Members may claim any reward that is offered on the Program website. To claim a reward, a Member’s account must be open and in good standing. If Hunter cancels a Member’s account, all points in the account will be forfeited immediately. Members can claim a reward at any time during the duration of their Program membership. To claim a reward, log in to your online account at preferred.hunterindustries.com. Hunter reserves the right to substitute an item of equal or greater value should the requested reward be unavailable. Certain restrictions may apply in Australia.
- Any and all fees and tax liabilities arising from the Member's receipt or use of Program points are the sole responsibility of the Member. Members should consult their tax advisor for complete information regarding FBT and other tax obligations related to the Program.
- All materials submitted become the property of Hunter and will not be returned.
- Hunter is not liable for correspondence or requests that are delayed, lost, or stolen in the mail.
- All Point Statements and Program awards will be issued in the name of the Member and delivered only to the Member's address on file. Each Member shall be responsible for updating their address online and advising Hunter of any Contact Person changes relating to their Account.
- Members may not transfer, combine, or barter Points. Points have no cash value, other than as provided in relation to awards under the Program. Purchasing, selling, transferring, or bartering of Points shall result in immediate termination of the violator's Account.
- Any Member that has failed to earn Points or submit updates to Hunter for a period of 12 consecutive months, may, at the option of Hunter, be removed from the rolls of active Members. Any Member that fails to earn Points for 18 months and/or fails to submit information updates to Hunter for a period of 18 months is subject to Account termination and forfeiture of all accrued Points without notice.
- Any interpretations, questions, or disputes regarding the Program shall be resolved solely by Hunter, whose decisions shall be final and binding. Hunter has the right to terminate the Program or to change the Program in any manner, in whole or in part, including, without limitation, changing the Official Terms and Conditions, benefits, conditions of participation, number of Points required to attain any award, award levels, at any time, without notice, even though changes may affect the value of Points already accumulated. If the Program is terminated, Members will have 90 days from the termination date to redeem all Points earned, after which all Points will be forfeited.
- Hunter is not liable for errors or omissions by its employees or agents in the printing of the Program brochure or related materials.
- Hunter is not liable for errors or omissions by its employees or agents in interpreting or in carrying out the terms of the Program.
- Hunter is not liable whatsoever for any loss, damage, expense, non-performance, misperformance, accident, or injury of any nature whatsoever incurred in the course of a Member's use of any award received through the Program. Hunter, at its discretion, may request that the Member sign an additional release of liability form prior to delivery of an award.
- Certain restrictions apply to awards. Awards must be used in accordance with the terms and conditions specified on the award certificate(s) a Member receives.
- Hunter is not affiliated with the suppliers of any of the awards offered under this Program. Hunter neither endorses nor guarantees any product or service offered by an award supplier.
- All award recipients agree to allow their names and likenesses to be used in public relations and promotional materials related to Hunter except where prohibited by law.
- Membership in the Preferred Program is subject to the Member's maintenance of sound, ethical business practices and compliance with local regulations. Hunter reserves the right to terminate any Member's participation in the Program based upon complaints from customers, licensure or code violations, or non-payment of supplier invoices.
- Meeting deadlines associated with any aspect of the Preferred Program is the responsibility of the Member. Hunter cannot make exceptions for Members that do not provide necessary paperwork by the published deadlines.
All correspondence related to the Program should be addressed to:
Hunter Preferred Program
Hunter Industries Incorporated
C/O Hunter Industries Australia Pty Ltd
S7, 202-220 Ferntree Gully Rd
Notting Hill, Victoria Australia 3168 Phone: (03) 9562 9918
Effective: August 1, 2021